Care & Commitment
We are committed to getting you to your destination safely. With the global impact of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) altering and virtually nationalizing our current "normal" life, United Private Car regularly monitors the Centers for Disease Control’s (CDC), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and the World Health Organization’s (WHO) websites for COVID-19 guidelines and updates. As they are distributed, United Private Car incorporates these recommendations to ensure that our duty of care and commitment extends to all of our clients and employees alike.
- Each vehicle’s interior and exterior are sanitized before and after every service.
- The use of appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) is required and used during the deep cleaning and sanitation of each vehicle.
- We use disinfecting products that eliminate 99% of bacteria and germs, including coronaviruses (e.g. SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19).
- Our cleaning, sanitizing and disinfecting protocols focus on thoroughly disinfecting all frequently touched areas including seats, armrests, headrests, vents, interior/exterior door handles, windows, control switches, seat belts and any other ‘touch-prone’ areas in a vehicle.
- The conscious practice of personal and vehicle hygiene is a fundamental principle embraced by our chauffeurs. In light of COVID-19, that practice has been taken to a new level. Personal hygiene has always been a chauffeur principal before COVID-19 occurred however in light of the recent circumstances we have instructed our chauffeurs to take additional precautions.
- Handwashing whenever possible, pre-trip, post-trip and anytime in-between trips when the option is available.
- Wearing of a mask or other covering of the nose and mouth when near passengers or in confined spaces with passengers.
- Restrict yourself from touching your eyes, nose, or mouth during a ride. Never touch a passenger for any reason.
- Prior to every service, chauffeurs will receive a notification reminding them of the procedure and that the vehicle has been disinfected.
- Chauffeurs who are exhibiting symptoms, or have tested positive for COVID-19, will be removed from future services and require a physician’s clearance in order to deliver services once more.
- Providing basic passenger consumables (e.g. snacks, mints, water, tissues, etc.) have been amended and limited to bottles of water, which are now provided only in individual or one-use packaging.
- In addition to the consumables above, chauffeurs will offer passengers (to accept at their discretion) disinfectant hand wipes and/or alcohol-based hand sanitizer, which are not in one-use individual packaging.
- In addition to pre-ride cleaning, sanitizing, and disinfecting procedures, chauffeurs will offer to perform a wipe down of luggage handles, or any other passenger personal effects handled or stowed by their chauffeur before passenger hand-off. If the passenger would prefer to handle the luggage themselves, simply allow the chauffeur to open and close the luggage compartment in order to minimize surface contact.
- In an effort to reduce personal contact, chauffeurs will refrain from shaking hands with our clients during introductions at this time. Please do expect the same warm greeting otherwise.
- We have removed all other passenger convenience items and frequently touched items such as reading material and cell phone chargers.
- Passengers exhibiting COVID-19-like symptoms or that have tested positive for COVID-19 are asked to refrain from booking services until a physician has cleared them to travel.
- Can I still book black car service anywhere around the world during the COVID-19 shutdown?
- United Private Car will continue to offer services in every U.S. city and 500 cities worldwide in accordance with all country and local travel restrictions. However, at this time, any services that require the crossing of country borders may be prohibited per the countries travel restrictions.
- Do you offer services from city to city?
- Yes, we provide service from city to city for both local and long distance trips as an alternative to air travel. Please let us know if you would like us to assist you with planning travel in one of our safe and sanitized vehicles.
If you have any questions, please reach out to us at email@example.com